I've fell in love with this cute poppy pattern at Danybrod's, so bought it a couple of weeks ago and I finished it yesterday. It took me longer time because of the alphabet, I wasn't so enthusiastic stitching it :) I worked on 28 ct white linen (what I've got as a present from Jucus, please correct me if I'm wrong, dear) with Barbaral's Lavender Stem, WDW's Pelican Grey (that nasty alphabet) and with one of my own dyed poppy colored reds with 1 over 1. I've never done so mini stitches before, but it was fun to do.
I'm always hesitating a lot with the finisings, but this was quite easy to decide. I've stuffed under the wreath with some foam filling and glued the stitched piece to the fabric covered board, now I can use it as a pincushion, but it is nice as an ornament as well I guess. Hope you like it!
|You can see pretty clearly that little "bump" and the mini stitches as well.|
I also purchased some linens from the talented Barbaral, look how beautiful are they one and all, I just love them! Thank you Barbara!
If you'd like some of these beauties check out Barbaral's Etsy shop here.